Moist, tender apple walnut snack cake with cinnamon and a simple dusting of powdered sugar. A deliciously simple dessert recipe with excellent reviews.
When it comes to apples, we’ll take them any way we can get them. But one of my favorites? Fresh apple cake. With walnuts and cinnamon to be exact.
This apple walnut snack cake gets rave reviews from those who have tried it. It’s quick, easy, and has the ultimate, moist texture. This is one of those classic, no-fail recipes that are perfect for potlucks, fall parties, or just for when that sweet craving hits in the afternoon.
We like to use Granny Smith apples in this simple snack cake recipe, but feel free to use whatever apples you’d like.
And because the flavor is so amazing, you won’t even need frosting. A simple dusting of powdered sugar makes the snack cake look pretty and gives it an extra touch of sweetness.
Apple Walnut Cake
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (267 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 apples peeled cored and chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend together the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture mix just until blended.
- Fold in the apples and nuts.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into a 9×13 pan and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-38 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool and then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.