Only 10 minutes prep and this Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake will be baking! Semi-homemade dessert recipe with fresh blueberries and a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Gooey Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake
Have a pint of fresh blueberries you’d like to make something with? Try this easy butter cake recipe with both lemon and blueberry flavor. It starts with a cake mix, but don’t let that turn you off. The butter, cream cheese and fresh fruit make this taste 100% homemade.
This lemon sheet cake is perfect for picnics and potlucks. You’ll make it in a 9×13 baking pan so it will serve about 16 people.
Blueberry Lemon Butter Cake
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 3 large eggs (divided)
- 1 cup butter (melted and divided)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pint blueberries (divided)
- Extra powdered sugar for sprinkling optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl mix together your cake mix, 1 egg and 1 stick butter.
- Spray a 9×13″ baking pan with non stick cooking spray and spread mixture over bottom, set aside.
- In another bowl beat your cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in you eggs, vanilla and butter and beat until combined.
- Mix in your powdered sugar and continue to mix.
- Mix in your lemon zest then fold in blueberries, reserving about 1/2 cup.
- Spread on top of your cake mixture in pan and sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until center is set but still gooey.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.