Moist, rich and delicious this Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake is sinfully delicious but utterly addicting twist to a classic dessert!
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN BUNDT CAKE
When it comes to cakes bundts are the ones that scare me the most. They are so unpredictable on if they will release from the pan that usually I have in the past stayed away from them.
But since I’ve been feeling a little more confident and adventurous in my cake baking excursions I figured it was time to busy out another bundt and make this fun and summery Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake!
This cake is moist, dense and delicious. It has just the right amount of fruity and sweet that pairs together to create a fun and flavorful cake experience…wow I’m calling tasting a cake an experience, what gas gotten into me?
Anyways this cake is super simple to whip up and is fun for a family gathering, picnic or just a cake to have around to munch on throughout the day…because we all know that’s what’s we do….at least it’s what this gal does. No shame.
I’ve always been a fan of this cake and taking a twist on the traditional and making it a Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake is a fun spin that the whole family will love.
I think that the addition of the butter and brown sugar that goes in the bottom of the pan makes it come out just that much easier when paired with my trusty shortening/flour combo I always use. I swear by the combo and it hasn’t failed me yet, and trust me when I say I’ve had quite the experience of trial and error.
So if you’re looking for a traditional flavor with a twist that is tasty and also feeds a crowd then this Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake is just what you need…the official new and improved cake of the summer!
Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups butter softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 6 pineapple rings
- Maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large bowl mix together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and continue to mix until blended.
- Add in your flour and baking powder and mix again until smooth.
- Pour in your vanilla extract and pineapple juice and mix to combine.
- Grease a bundt pan with shortening, then dust it with flour.
- In bowl mix together your brown sugar and butter and pour into bottom of prepared pan.
- Layer your pineapple rings around the bottom of pan and placing a cherry in the center or ring and on the outside.
- Spread the batter bundt pan and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until center is set.
- Immediately turn out onto serving tray, if you don't turn out right away the brown sugar mixture will Harden and stick to pan.