An easy, no bake dessert that looks pretty too! Cherries In the Snow is a sweet, creamy, layered dessert with angel food cake.
Whether you are thinking about snow or not, this gorgeous dessert needs to make its way to your kitchen soon.
Cherry pie filling has a gorgeous color and when you pair it with white angel food and a fluffy cream cheese mixture, it makes a beautiful presentation.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- no bake
- 20 minutes prep
- uses a store bought angel food cake
- cool and refreshing
- comforting old fashioned favorite
- easily adaptable
How to Make Cherries in the Snow
This easy, no bake recipe is a great make ahead dessert for the holidays, for potlucks or even for the birthday of someone who doesn’t care for traditional cake.
- Mix. In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Gently mix in the Cool Whip.
- Add cake. Break the cake into small pieces and add into the whipped mixture. Fold to combine and place in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Top. Spread the cherry pie filling on top and refrigerate until serving.
Can you make this dessert in advance?
Yes! This is a perfect make ahead dessert. Although you can serve it right away, making it in advance will help the filling to set slightly and allow the flavors to combine. We prefer making this a day before serving.
Make sure you cover the dessert with plastic wrap (or use a baking dish with a lid) and refrigerate until serving.
- Use any type of pie filling you’d like. We love blueberry and raspberry pie filling!
- Want to make a homemade fruit sauce for the top? Try raspberry sauce or strawberry sauce.
- Make this lower in fat and calories by using reduced fat cream cheese, low calorie pie filling and fat free Cool Whip. You can even use Monk Fruit powdered sugar.
- Use a trifle dish for a dessert with more layers. Perfect for parties!
- Make individual parfaits in small glasses.
Cherries in the Snow
- 1 9" pre-baked angel food cake
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (thawed)
- 42 ounces cherry pie filling (2 cans)
- In a large bowl, whip the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Gently mix in the Cool Whip.
- Break the cake into small pieces and add into the whipped mixture.
- Fold to combine and place in a 9×13 baking pan.
- Spread the cherry pie filling on top and refrigerate until serving.