Rolled and sprinkled this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Roll is the perfect fall baking recipe to have in your arsenal this season!
So my husband bought me pumpkin you guys. And you know when he said the the bought me pumpkin, I thought that he maybe go me a few cans of the 15 oz sizes. No, no he did not. He decided to get me the industrial cans and about 6 of them. So needless to say, I have been baking up a storm with pumpkin lately. But not to worry, we love pumpkin around here and we can always find something to cook up with it. In this case I cooked up my Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Roll. If you’ve never done a cake roll before, don’t be scared. I know I was in the beginning, but they are literally the easiest things! I modeled this exact recipe off of my Salted Caramel Pumpkin Roll I did a few years back!
Cake rolls are so fun, you can really switch up the flavors and they are a complete refreshing change from layer cakes and sheet cakes. Plus who doesn’t love when the frosting is swirled inside? I mean you literally get layers of frosting in each and every bite!
Now I felt like I needed to go a different route with the topping on this bad boy. I wanted some extra flavor to play off of so I decided to do something I like to do with my muffins and thats a cinnamon sugar topping!
It’s seriously so easy, and seriously to die for. When we have our muffins with this topping, usually I can’t help but eat the topping first and the rest of the muffin later. I know typical sugar addict, go for the sugary part first right? So this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Roll is brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with a brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon mixture that will knock your socks off! Trust me on this one.
It is all filled with a delicious and traditional cream cheese filling that really enhances the flavor and mingles well with everything. I mean pumpkin and cream cheese are just two peas in a pod for sure.
So if you’re looking to switch up your baking this Fall, I highly recommend making this Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Roll! It’s easy, tasty, kid-friendly and addicting!
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Roll
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbs butter softened
- 2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbs brown sugar
- 2 Tbs granulated sugar
- 1/2 Tbs cinnamon
- 2 Tbs melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a jelly roll pan (15"x10") with parchment paper.
- In bowl mix together your eggs, sugar, pumpkin, baking soda, cinnamon and flour.
- Spread onto pan and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle a tea towel with powdered sugar and turn cake out onto towel and remove parchment paper.
- Slowly roll cake up starting with the shorter end.
- Leave rolled until cool.
- Meanwhile make your filling by combining all your filling ingredients in medium bowl and beating until smooth.
- Once your cake is cool, unroll and spread filling and roll cake back up.
- Mix together your brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon in bowl.
- Brush your cake roll with melted butter and then sprinkle with your cinnamon sugar mixture.