Did you love creamsicles as a child? Try this grownup version of an old-fashioned favorite! Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is an easy cake recipe with Jello and Pudding. You may also like our apple pie poke cake!
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake Recipe
Who remembers orange creamsicle push up pops when they were younger? To this day, the memories come flooding back when I see one of those orange popsicles. This Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake is a celebration of that favorite summer treat! This easy cake recipe is perfect for summer picnics and parties because it is cool and refreshing.
Easy Picnic Cake
This cake is great for picnics and potlucks because you can make it up a day in advance and serve it when needed. The cooler this cake is, the better!
Orange Jello and Vanilla Pudding
Both orange gelatin and vanilla pudding are what come together to give this cake it’s creamsicle flavor. Jello soaks down into the cake and pudding sits on top. Layer drained mandarin oranges over the pudding and then spread whipped topping (or homemade whipped cream) over the top. Amazing!
Sugar Free Cake
This poke cake is a GREAT option for those needing sugar free cakes! Use sugar free cake mix, gelatin, pudding and low fat whipped topping.
OTHER POKE CAKE RECIPES
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Pineapple Poke Cake
- Banana Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Poke Cake
- Margarita Poke Cake
- Apple Pie Poke Cake
- Tropical Poke Cake
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS CAKE
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: The best mixer for cakes, cookies and frostings!
- Beater Blade with Scraper: The best invention ever!
- 9”x13” Baking Pan: One of my most used kitchen pans.
Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix (prepared to package instructions)
- 3 ounces orange gelatin (1 small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3.4 ounces French vanilla instant pudding (1 small box)
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 30 ounces mandarin oranges (drained)
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thawed)
- Mix and bake cake in 13x9 pan according to package instructions. Allow the cake to cool.
- Using a fork, poke holes in the top of the cake.
- In a small bowl, mix together gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water until dissolved. Pour the gelatin over the cake, making sure to pour over and into the holes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the French vanilla pudding mix and 1 ½ cups of milk. Allow the pudding to set for 3 minutes, then spread it overtop the cake.
- Add a layer of half of the Mandarin oranges over the pudding.
- Top with whipped topping and the remaining Mandarin oranges.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.
The calories shown are based on the cake being cut into 15 pieces, with 1 serving being 1 slice of cake. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.