Use canned or fresh peaches in this easy Peach Coffee Cake. You’ll love the streusel and glaze in each bite of this cake that is perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
Peach Coffee Cake Recipe
Have you ever heard of the Peach Truck? It’s a big white truck from Georgia that visits different cities and sells fresh peaches. One of my favorite June activities is heading out to pick up a box of peaches. Picking up a peach and taking a juicy bite is the best way to eat a peach, but this cake is a close second.
Breakfast Cake Recipe
This peach coffee cake makes the perfect breakfast cake recipe. It has a brown sugar & cinnamon flavor, which we all know are two 100% acceptable breakfast foods. Then buttery sugar crumb topping will melt in your mouth and adds just the right of sweetness when paired with a cup of coffee.
Cake with Canned Peaches
This cake can be made any time of the year, fresh peaches or not. If you use canned peaches, be sure to drain the juice off the peaches before you add them to the cake. If I use canned peaches, I like to use peaches that were packed in juice instead of heavy syrup. You’ll get a more authentic flavor that way.
Cake with Fresh Peaches
If you’re lucky enough to have freshly ripened peaches available, switch out the canned peaches for fresh. You’ll want to peel the peaches and use about 2 cups of chopped (or thinly sliced) fresh peaches. Nothing beats that taste!
Coffee Cake Glaze
The last part of this cake is the glaze. Unfrosted cakes are always better with glaze and it doesn’t get any simpler than powdered sugar glaze. Just mix together powdered sugar, milk and a touch of cinnamon, then drizzle it over the cooled cake. Mmmm…
Tools to Make This Cake
- Springform Pan: Always watch for what size springform pan to use in each recipe. This recipe calls for a 9” pan.
- Pastry Cutter: I use this tool all the time. It cuts butter into flour perfectly for streusels, crusts and other pastries.
- Saigon Cinnamon: This is our favorite cinnamon. You can’t beat its flavor!
- Cake Plate<: I have this cake plate and everyone loves it! It comes with the cute server too.
Other Coffee Cake Recipes
Peach Coffee Cake
For the Glaze
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 29 ounces canned peaches (drained or 2 cups of fresh peaches sliced)
For the Topping
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
For the Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9" springform pan with non-stick spray.
- To make the cake, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, butter, egg and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the sliced peaches and pour the batter into your pan.
- Prepare the crumb topping. In a small bowl, add the sugar and molasses, mixing until crumbly. Chop the butter into chunks and add to the bowl. Add the flour. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture is chunky and crumbly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, test with a toothpick and it’s done when your toothpick is clean.
- In a small bowl,mix together the ingredients for the glaze, whisking until smooth. Pour the glaze over the cake after it’s cooled.