Two flavors that work well together are key in this Butter Pecan Bundt Cake that will have your screaming praises for more and more!
BUTTER PECAN BUNDT CAKE
What makes your mouth water more than butter pecan? Not much right? The flavors combined create a sweet and rich duo that you seriously can’t get enough of, well at least that’s me! So I figured why not create it into a delicious Butter Pecan Bundt Cake!
Now this just isn’t your typical type of bundt cake. It’s also a poke cake too! Yes, you read that right a POKE CAKE!! Say what?!?! Yup, while still hot in the pan this puppy is poked and poured with a sweetened condensed milk and butter extract mixture that gives it a moist and dense texture that literally melts in your mouth.
This cake is super easy to make, it may be a bit over the top on the butter and sugar department but seriously…it’s cake so either way it’s not going to be the healthiest of things anyways. So why not go big or go home right?
Another delicious added feature to this Butter Pecan Bundt Cake is the addition of French vanilla pudding to the batter. You guys…it makes this thing so so so tasty! I absolutely love it. Plus massive, well not massive just maybe normal amounts of butter extract. Yes there is such a thing as butter extract and it is glorious.
Now I’m not going to try to sway you any which way, but this cake needs to be made by you this fall! I mean seriously this is one cake that you HAVE to have at your dessert table, trust me. It serves a ton of people and it’s just perfect for either after dinner or in the morning with a cup of coffee, I mean who doesn’t want that delicious sugar rush at 7 AM? Amiright?
So go and run to the kitchen and whip this Butter Pecan Bundt Cake up SOON! You will be thanking me later!
Butter Pecan Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons butter extract (divided)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 3.4 ounces instant French vanilla pudding (just use the powder...don't make the pudding!)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Chopped pecans for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease with shortening, then dust with flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In bowl cream together your butter, sugars, vanilla and 2 tsp butter extract until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs and mix until combined then add in your sour cream and mix well again.
- Next, add in your flour, baking soda, salt and pudding and blend until very well combined.
- Fold in your pecans.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours or until toothpick comes out clean.
- In bowl mix together your sweetened condensed milk and 1 tsp butter extract.
- Once cake is done immediately poke holes with skewer and pour your sweetened condensed milk over the top and spread around into holes with spatula.
- Let sit for about 15 minutes before inverting onto serving plate to cool completely.
- Once completely cool in bowl mix together your glaze ingredients and pour over the top of your cake and sprinkle with chopped pecans.