Fluffy white cake with mango, banana and orange flavors. Whipped cream tops a lightly sweetened cream cheese layer in this easy Tropical Poke Cake. A cool, refreshing summer cake idea! You may also like our coconut pineapple upside down cake.
Tropical Poke Cake Recipe
I think I was meant to live in tropical weather. Sunshine, warm breezes, the sound of the ocean. Take me there! One bite of this tropical poke cake and you’ll imagine yourself sitting in a tropical paradise.
Easy Tropical Flavor Cake
This poke cake couldn’t be easier. Start with a white cake mix and bake it as the package direct. After the cake cools, poke holes in the top with a fork. Make mango jello and pour it over the cake. The jello will soak into the holes giving the cake mango flavor in every bite.
On top of the cake you’ll spread a cream cheese layer, then some banana flavored whipped cream!
Whipped Topping VS Homemade Whipped Cream
If you’re looking for easy, go with a whipped topping such as Cool Whip. Homemade whipped cream is also delicious on this! If you’d like homemade, whip 1 1/2 cups of cold whipping cream with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Use a mixer for this because you’ll have to beat it until stiff peaks form.
Either way, be sure you store the cake in the refrigerator.
OTHER POKE CAKE RECIPES
- Strawberry Poke Cake
- Pineapple Poke Cake
- Banana Poke Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Poke Cake
- Apple Pie Poke Cake
- Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS CAKE
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer: The best mixer for cakes, cookies and frostings!
- Beater Blade with Scraper: The best invention ever!
- 9”x13” Baking Pan: One of my most used kitchen pans.
Tropical Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix (prepared as directed on package instructions)
- 3 ounces mango gelatin (1 small box)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange extract
- 3.4 ounces instant banana pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thawed)
- Your choice tropical fruit to garnish
- Bake cake according to package instructions. Allow the cake to cool on a wire rack.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake with a fork.
- Mix together mango gelatin with boiling water until dissolved. Pour over the top of the cake, allowing the holes to soak up the gelatin.
- In a medium bowl, cream together cream cheese with powdered sugar. Mix in the orange extract.
- Spread cream cheese layer over the cake evenly.
- Mix together banana pudding mix with milk. Add the whipped topping and mix to combine. Spread this over the top of the cheesecake layer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to serving. Top with your choice of tropical fruit to garnish.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.