Celebrate spring with these easy mini bundt cakes. Tips and tricks for making individual bundt cakes with frosting.
We’re always looking for a fun new way to use a boxed cake mix. These easy little cakes are so versatile…use any flavor for any occasion. And top with sprinkles of your choice.
Mini Bundt Cakes
Bundt cakes are one of the prettiest kinds of desserts. And then…mini bundt cakes? I mean who doesn’t want a cake of their own! We’re sharing our tips on making these easy spring cakes today.
Bundt Cake Recipe
So what cake makes the best bundt cake? We use a boxed yellow cake mix in these cute cakes. You can use carrot cake, pink velvet, lemon or even chocolate.
Mini Bundt Cake Pan
If you use a box cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box, it will make about 6 mini bundt cakes. Click here for a link to the pan we used.
If you have extra batter leftover you can make cupcakes, or simply wait until you’ve baked one batch of bundt cakes and bake another batch with the same pan.
**Pro Tip: Allow the cakes to cool in the pan only for about 10 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. If you leave them in the pan for too long they may stick.**
Powdered Sugar Glaze for Cake
We made a pink glaze for these bundt cakes using 2 drops of red food coloring, but you can make any color you’d like, or simply leave the glaze white.
You can use vanilla extract for just about any flavor cake, but switch up the extract in the glaze if you have lemon cake or another fun flavor.
When making powdered sugar glaze, it’s important to remember to add the milk slowly…just one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you’d like to drizzle the glaze.
How to Store Bundt Cakes
These cakes store well at room temperature if they are sealed in an airtight container.
They do freeze well too!
Other Bundt Cake Recipes
- Christmas Bundt Cake
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
- Hummingbird Bundt Cake
- Whipped Ganache Bundt Cake
Mini Bundt Cakes
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- 2 drops red food coloring
- flower sprinkles
Make the cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, or use your favorite yellow cake recipe.
- Pour batter into 6 cavity mini bundt cake pan, filling just over half way. You may have a little batter left.
- Bake for 21 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 10 minutes in the pans. Then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Make the frosting:
- Stir ingredients together in small bowl. Add the milk one tablespoon at a time until the glaze is drizzle consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cakes.
- Sprinkle with flower sprinkles while the glaze is still wet..