Raise your hand if you’re a fan of cake! I can raise both hands to that. Strawberry Pudding Cake is like having a slice of heaven, right in your own mouth. With this cake, it can be cake time, any time!
When I’m thinking of the perfect dessert to make, it can sometimes be hard to choose. This is why I always revert to desserts with strawberries. When summer hits and you can’t think of which fruits to start growing, always go with some sort of berry because they make the best cakes!
HOW TO MAKE THE CAKE
The first step to making any delicious cake is knowing how to make the actual cake part of it. This cake uses a boxed cake, which will make your life a lot easier. A box cake can help you make many delicious recipes!
I like how this cake is simple and you can put it together in no time. This is one cake recipe I like to make for birthdays and special occasions.
HOW TO MAKE THE PUDDING & JELLO LAYERS
I think one of the best parts of this Strawberry Pudding Cake is that it’s made from simple ingredients. When you serve this, you can say that you made it with ease. Let’s talk about how to make the pudding for this cake.
Start by using instant pudding and then adding 2 cups of milk. You’ll want to use a whisk and stir it, until it’s smoothed.
Next, you’ll put the pudding on top of that beautiful cooled cake. Then, you’ll put the strawberry jello mix on top of the pudding layer. Top with whipped cream.
Whatever you do, cool this amazing cake for two hours in the fridge, before serving! Also, store it in the fridge afterwards too. You don’t want this beautiful cake to go bad!
LAYERS ARE EVERYTHING
When you’re making a cake, presentation is everything. Look at this cake for example, the layers make the cake look magnificent. I think when a cake looks pretty, it also tastes that much more delicious!
This particular Strawberry Pudding Cake just looks so good because the cake layer, Jello layer, and pudding layer. Let’s not forget about the whipped cream layer either. That my friends is how layering is done!
WHY MAKE A PUDDING CAKE?
Have you ever thought to yourself, why make a pudding cake? Isn’t it going to be hard? Why spend the time layering and making all these different layers of the cake?
Most of the time, pudding cakes are fairly easy to make. Since pudding can only be made one way, it’s not like you can mess it up too bad. If you can swing it, try and make a pudding cake, you won’t regret it.
To be honest, pudding cakes are GOOD! If you don’t like your cakes dry, then you need to make them this way. YUM!
HOW DO YOU MAKE A CAKE MOIST?
Alright friends, I’m about to tell you a secret. You can actually make a cake more moist by adding pudding to it. So, in the future, if you want any cake to turn out good, you can do so by adding one box of instant pudding to a cake’s dry ingredients. Here are a few more ways to make cake moist…
- Add extra vegetable oil to the cake
- Use real butter
Of course, you don’t want to do ALL of these steps, just choose one. I thought it was neat that instant pudding can help make a cake moist.
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM LAST?
Have you ever made a cake and then added whipped cream to it? Only to open the fridge a few hours later and the whipped cream has melted or gone flat? It happens!
You can make whipped cream last on a cake by keeping it in the fridge! The milk in whipped cream is stabilized by a lot of sugar. However, any cake with any type of dairy NEEDS to be in the fridge. Repeat that to yourself as many times as it takes to remember it.
HOW TO STABILIZE WHIPPED CREAM?
This cake calls for Cool Whip, but what if you want homemade whipped cream?
Have you ever thought of stabilizing whipped cream? While this may seem like a foreign topic, it’s not really all that crazy of an idea. You can stabilize homemade whipped cream by following these directions.
- Whip your whipping cream with the whisk attachment on your hand hand held blender.
- Add confectioner’s sugar as you hand blend
- Add vanilla (you can also use cornstarch or pudding mix)
- Continue to work that hand held blender until you get those stiff peaks!
- You’ll want those peaks to be able to hold themselves in place.
This is just one way to stabilize whipped cream. There are MANY other ways!
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do. It’s really one of my favorites.
OTHER STRAWBERRY CAKE RECIPES
TOOLS TO MAKE THIS CAKE:
- Hand Held Mixer – Although bigger attachments are nice, nothing takes the place of a hand held blender.
- 9 X 13 Baking Pan – I try to have several of these baking pans on hand!
- Glass Measuring Cup – You’ll be thankful you have one of these on hand.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (plus ingredients on the back of the box)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (washed, hulled and sliced)
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding (1 small box)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 3 ounces strawberry Jello
- 12 ounces whipped topping
For the cake:
- Bake the cake in a 9×13 baking pan according to the box instructions. Allow the cake to cool.
For the Jello:
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil and allow to boil until the water is clear.
- Mix in the Jello powder.
- Allow the Jello mix to cool and add the sliced strawberries.
For the pudding:
- Mix the instant pudding with the 2 cups of milk. Use a whisk and stir until smooth.
- Spread the pudding on top of the cooled cake.
- Spoon the cooled (but not set) strawberry jello mix on top of the pudding layer.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Allow this cake to set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Store this cake in the refrigerator.